During the festive period, Simon is a regular guest on the BBC’s network of regional and national radio stations. Recent broadcasting includes BBC Radio Two’s Christmas Day broadcast ‘There’s Nothing like a Dame’ with Christopher Biggins and ‘Friday Night is Music Night‘ with Craig Revel Horwood, NPR America, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Radio Newcastle, BBC London, BBC Radio York and BBC Radio Scotland’s The Culture Studio with Janice Forsyth.
He has worked with a number of television companies including The Garden Productions (Seven Dwarfs for Channel 4), Maverick (Gok Does Panto for Channel 4) and Propeller TV (What is Panto? for Propeller TV News).
Simon has also produced and participated in recordings about pantomime as part of Panto Day. Below you will find links to interviews as well as footage from Simon’s panto related projects:
- Oh yes it is: Why pantomime is such a British affair (BBC)
- Twankey my dear, I don’t give a dame (BBC)
- Modern day panto – modern day family (Asian Culture Vulture)
- Pantomime – the purest form of theatre (Exeunt Magazine )
- Curtain falls on traditional panto – oh yes it does (Telegraph)
- Is this the end of the pantomime dame? (Daily Mail)
- Love it or loathe it, it’s panto time (Parent Dish UK)
- Meet the Author: Simon Sladen (One Click Scripts)
- National Panto Day and great British pantomime (Public Reviews)
- The pantomime dame’s best days are behind her – oh no they’re not! (Eastern Daily Press)