Simon is widely acknowledged as one of the UK’s leading experts on British Pantomime. He is Senior Curator of Modern and Contemporary Performance at the Victoria and Albert Museum and Pantomime Editor for the British Theatre Guide.
Latest V&A Museum News:
- ‘Q&A with Simon Sladen‘ – Simon speaks to the Museums Journal about the Tommy Cooper Collection and collecting comedy:
- ‘V&A Acquires the Tommy Cooper Collection‘ – Simon speaks to the Guardian, Telegraph, BBC, ITV, BBC Radio 4, WhatsOnStage, The Stage, iNews and Chortle about the National Collection of Theatre & Performance’s latest acquisition.
- ‘The Importance of Space to Performance Costume Collections‘ – Simon speaks to Elizabeth Francis and the Costume Society about the use of costume in the V&A’s Theatre & Performance Galleries.
- Simon is editing a new fully illustrated collection of essays and interviews on comedy to be published by the V&A in 2019.
Latest Pantomime News:
- Simon’s chapter ‘Hiya Fans: Celebrity Reception in Modern British Pantomime’ was published by Bloomsbury in Popular Performance, April 2017
- Simon’s article ‘From Mother Goose to Master: Training Networks and Knowledge Transfer in Modern British Pantomime’ will be published in a special edition of Theatre, Dance and Performance Training, Summer 2017
- Simon has been commissioned to write about Stanley Baxter and Scottish pantomime for a new V&A publication to be published in 2018.
- Simon has been commissioned to write a chapter on 21st Century Daming for an edited collection on drag to be published in 2019.